* Jerusalem to be officially recognized as Israel in US passports The move marks a departure from historical State Department policy regarding Jerusalem in American passports.
Thursday, October 29, 2020
* Abbas to UN: Convene an international peace conference Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday called on United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres to hold urgent consultations on convening an international peace conference, the Xinhua news agency reports.
* U.N. Chief Demands Respect for Muslim World as Protests Erupt over ‘Inflammatory’ Cartoons The chief of a U.N. anti-extremism body expressed “deep concern” Wednesday as Muslims around the world reacted to cartoons featuring Mohammed, saying “insulting religions and sacred religious symbols provokes hatred and violent extremism.”
* Offensive Charlie Hebdo cartoon pushes Turkey-France tensions into overdrive. “Macron is against Muslims. He is sowing seeds of hatred,” Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Wednesday of his French counterpart.
* Hezbollah threatens Sudan over ties with Israel Hezbollah has condemned reports that Israel and Sudan could normalize ties.
* The Abraham Accords as an Impetus to Rehabilitate Western Civilization Biblical morality, which can also be called Abrahamic morality, was born in Mesopotamia and from there spread west.
* Former Prime Minister of Malaysia: ‘Muslims have a right to be angry and to kill millions of French people’ Muslims have a right to be angry and to kill millions of French people for the massacres of the past.
* A New Nuclear Deal with Iran? How then can the United States get around the Iranian regime's adamant opposition to any restrictions on its nuclear or missile ambitions and secure a sound nuclear deal?
* These new totalitarians now want to police what we say around the dinner table. This is Soviet-style denunciation, 2020-style The Scottish government is planning a new law that allows people who use language deemed to be abusive or hateful in their homes to be prosecuted.
* China’s digital yuan aims to halt US ‘dollarisation’, boost retail payments, ex-central bank governor says Former central bank governor Zhou Xiaochuan says China’s digital currency aims to push back against US dollar hegemony and boost retail payments.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:09 AM