* A Great Step Forward for World Peace - and Who Seems Determined to Ignore It Some months ago, in talks with leaders in Saudi Arabia as part of a delegation from former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's Friends of Israel Initiative, together with their Executive Director and former Spanish National Security Adviser Rafael Bardaji, I heard first-hand how open the Saudis were to the prospect of embracing Israel in the future.
Thursday, September 03, 2020
* Khamenei: ‘The #UAE betrayed the world of Islam, the Arab nations, the region’s countries, and #Palestine’ It should be widely understood by now that the “peace process” has all along been a delusion, and that the ultimate goal has been the destruction of Israel.
* The Israel-UAE Agreement’s Greatest Achievement: Little Arab Protest To the surprise of Iranian and Palestinian leaders, the Arab public did not protest the Israel-UAE peace agreement—but they continue to protest Iranian meddling in Iraqi and Lebanese affairs.
* The Middle East Just Doesn’t Matter as Much Any Longer Joe Biden has made clear that he wants America “back at the head of the table” to “rally the free world to meet the challenges facing the world today... No other nation has that capacity.”
* Trump Embraces Israel-Sunni Bloc Between his meetings in Jerusalem last Tuesday, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo recorded a short address for the Republican National Convention in which he discussed many of the Trump administration’s foreign policy accomplishments.
* Turkey: Russia to hold live-fire exercises in Mediterranean Turkey has announced that Russia will hold live-fire naval exercises in the eastern Mediterranean.
* Hamas, Palestinian Islamic Jihad leaders meet in Beirut: report Palestinian factions up in arms against upcoming normalization accord between Israel and UAE.
* Liberman warns Hamas will eventually reach same military level as Hezbollah Avigdor Liberman, leader of the right-wing secular Yisrael Beiteinu party, warned on Wednesday that Hamas' military capabilities will soon match those of Lebanese terrorist group Hezbollah if Israel continues to placate terrorists in the Gaza Strip.
* One-sided deal imposed on the Palestinians will not work: PM Khan Pakistani PM says Israel-Palestine issue will not be resolved unless there is a 'just settlement' for the Palestinians.
* Why Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s Love Affair with the Ottoman Empire Should Worry The World At the end of August, Turkey’s president Recep Tayyip Erdogan celebrated the Islamic New Year with aplomb.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:03 AM