* Turkey exploits 'window of opportunity', moving rapidly to acquire nuclear weapons A quiet but intense debate is ongoing within senior circles of the governing Adalet ve Kalkinma Partisi (Justice and Development Party: AKP) in Turkey.
* 'N.Korean missiles hurt ME stability' The Israeli UN mission sent a letter to the North Korea sanctions committee at the international body to warn of the growing number of ballistic missiles in the Middle East coming from North Korea.
* Blair: Aid flotillas not helpful Quartet Representative Tony Blair Friday urged the Lebanese flotilla intent on heading towards Gaza this weekend to reconsider its journey.
* U.S. military warns Iraq on political vacuum; Iran applies pressure, backed by Obama The U.S. has warned that Iraq must soon resolve its political stalemate.
* PLO Flag to Fly in Washington D.C. The United States State Department has announced to the Palestinian Authority/Palestinian Liberation Organization Mission representative in the United States that its status will be upgraded from a 'bureau'.
* NKorea threatens 'nuclear deterrence' over drills North Korea threatened Saturday to mount a powerful nuclear response to upcoming joint U.S.-South Korean military drills.
* Ahmadinejad lashes out at Russia Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused Russian President Dmitry Medvedev of turning against Teheran.
* Iran announces plan to build world's first nuclear fusion reactor Iran's nuclear agency began studies on Saturday to build an experimental nuclear fusion reactor.
* AU nations to boost Somalia force Guinea and Djibouti are planning to send troops to bolster an African Union (AU) peacekeeping force charged with protecting the transitional government in Somalia.
* Abbas: American Jews on My Side Now American Jewish lobbyists have been convinced to take a pro-Palestinian Authority position, and to ask US President Barack Obama to turn up the pressure on Israel.