* 'IAF targeted Iranian weapons in Syria' The Israel Air Force jets that allegedly infiltrated Syrian airspace early last Thursday apparently bombed an Iranian arms shipment that was being transferred to Hizbullah.
* Putin names next prime minister Russian President Vladimir Putin has accepted the resignation of PM Mikhail Fradkov and nominated a financial crime investigator to replace him.
* 'Advisors to Assad pressuring him to respond with force' Advisors to Syrian President Bashar Assad are pressuring him to respond to the alleged IAF attack by "landing a blow to an Israeli target."
* Rosh HaShanah-Sabbath Holiday, Wed. Night thru Sat. Night The Jewish People begin nearly a month of holidays Wednesday evening: Two days of Rosh Hashanah, followed immediately by the Sabbath of Repentance.
* Powerful quake shakes Indonesia A powerful earthquake has struck off the western Indonesian island of Sumatra, sparking fears of a tsunami.
* Gaza Strip braces for IDF response Hamas began evacuating most of its security installations and civilian offices in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday.
* Russia tests giant fuel-air bomb The Russian air force has tested a giant fuel-air bomb which the military says is the biggest non-nuclear explosive device in the world.
* Euro hits new all-time high against U.S. dollar The euro hit a new all-time high against the U.S. dollar on Wednesday, climbing as high as US$1.3878 amid speculation that the Federal Reserve will soon cut interest rates.
* U.S. Officials Begin Crafting Iran Bombing Plan A recent decision by German officials to withhold support for any new sanctions against Iran has pushed a broad spectrum of officials in Washington to develop potential scenarios for a military attack on the Islamic regime.* Security Forces on Highest Alert For Rosh HaShanah & Ramadan Israel’s security forces are on highest alert ahead of the Jewish holidays, which coincide this year with the Muslim month of Ramadan.