* Syria's VP says both sides are losing the war Farouk al-Sharaa calls for national unity government, says neither Assad nor rebels are in position for a military victory.
* Israel pushes on with east Jerusalem building plan Israel on Monday said it was pushing forward with plans to build hundreds of homes in a Jewish settlement of east Jerusalem, risking renewed tensions with the Palestinians and its Western allies over the contentious project.
* Iranian FM: Nuclear deadlock with West must end Salehi says Iran, world powers are both ready to "exit the current stalemate" over the Iranian nuclear program.
* Report: Ahmadinejad to Cancel Turkey Trip After 'WWIII Threat' A report Sunday said that President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad would not be visiting Turkey, as had been scheduled.
* 88 percent of Palestinians believe armed struggle is the best way to achieve independence For first time since 2006, more West Bank Palestinians favor Hamas's political strategy over Fatah's, poll finds.
* Egypt's Islamists aim to build on constitution vote President Mohamed Mursi has won initial backing from Egyptians for a new constitution that he hopes will steer the country out of crisis, but which opponents say is an Islamist charter that tramples on minority rights.
* Pope Meets Abbas, Calls For Courage to Reconcile Pope Benedict XVI received PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas on Monday and called on all parties to work together for peace and reconciliation.
* Nasrallah: Syrian Rebels Won't Win Al-Qaeda has been tricked into fighting in Syria, claims Hizbullah chief Hassan Nasrallah.
* 'Disturbing' Video Shows 'Brutal' Israeli Occupation A new video shows the Palestinian Authority under Israeli "occupation." The photos speak for themselves.
* Iran says it captured 2 US drones prior to the one it boasted of two weeks ago Revolutionary Guard naval chief says a ScanEagle captured in early December was the third American UAV the army has downed.