* Israeli planes trigger sonic booms over Lebanon in possible response to drone dispatch Hezbollah silent on claims it sent the unmanned aircraft downed over Israel on Saturday.
* Eurozone rescue fund launched The eurozone's new permanent fund to bail out struggling economies and banks has been formally launched at a meeting of finance ministers in Luxembourg.
* Call to Separate Jews, Arabs on Temple Mount A movement of Temple Mount organizations is calling to completely separate Jews and Arabs on the site.
* Al Qaeda Winter Pakistan-based al Qaeda is secretly setting up sleeper cells and a clandestine network of jihadists to destabilize and take over Libya while hiding under a new cover name to prevent exposure and attacks, according to an internal Pentagon report obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.
* 'Israeli death toll no less than 10,000 if it attacks Iran' Former chief of IRGC Mohsen Rezaei says in the event of an Israeli military strike against Iran, it will deal a "mortal blow" as deterrent power; adds Israel only speaks of war to "win concessions" from next US president.
* Israel to Host 2015 Int'l Space Conference Israel has become one of the world's aeronautic space powers - and in 2015, will step up to host an international space conference.
* 'Iran withdraws elite Qods Force brigade from Syria' 'The Sunday Times' reports Iran has withdrawn 275 members of elite brigade from Syria in face of domestic economic crisis.
* Afghanistan's government 'could collapse' after 2014 - report A new report on Afghanistan warns that the departure of Nato forces in 2014 could be followed by the government's collapse and even civil war, unless steps are taken now.
* Catholic leaders gather to counter decline of faith Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday opened a meeting of Roman Catholic Church leaders from around the world to debate how to counter rising secularism on the 50th anniversary of the momentous Second Vatican Council.
* U.S. Army Officers in Israel to Prepare for Joint Drill U.S. army officers have begun arriving in Israel ahead of joint military maneuvers between the countries' armed forces.