* 'Abbas working on deal with EU, US to avoid statehood bid' London based Arabic daily Al Hayat on Friday reported that Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas was meeting with European Union and American officials to try and come to an agreement.
* Israel summons Egypt ambassador over conflicting peace treaty remarks The Foreign Ministry summoned Egypt's ambassador to Israel to a meeting on Friday morning.
* Sadrists take to Iraq's streets in demos Thousands of supporters of radical cleric Moqtada al-Sadr rallied in Baghdad and south Iraq on Friday.
* Libyan fighters press attacks on Gadhafi hometown Revolutionary fighters are trying to fight their way into the center of Moammar Gadhafi's hometown of Sirte.
* Egypt PM: Israel Treaty 'Not Sacred' Egyptian Prime Minister Essam Sharaf on Thursday said the 1979 Egypt-Israel Peace Treaty is not sacred and is subject to change.
* Paris ban on Muslim street prayers comes into effect Interior Minister Claude Gueant has offered believers the use of a disused fire brigade barracks instead.
* Former IDF chief reveals new details of Israel's nuclear program In the tense period at the end of May and the beginning of June 1967, with Israel feeling choked in a tightening siege, Lt. Gen. Dov Tamari was summoned urgently to a meeting with a senior figure from the General Staff.
* Turkey plans possible ground invasion of N. Iraq before winter Turkey may be preparing for an imminent invasion of Iraq.
* IDF Calling Up Reserves Ahead of PA Statehood Bid The IDF Central Command raised its alert level in in Judea and Samaria ahead of next week's expected Palestinian Authority statehood bid at the United Nations.
* It's time to eat insects for the good of the planet, say experts "The European consumer has some difficulties in crunching a whole insect", says Professor Arnold Van Huis.