* Gaddafi deploys forces as world raises Libya pressure Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi dispatched forces to a western border area on Tuesday in defiance of Western military and economic pressure.
* US and EU states consider military option against Gaddafi Fighter jets, aircraft carriers in the Mediterranean, a no-fly zone over Libya and arming the rebels are all options being weighed up by the US and its EU allies.
* Deputy FM warns Islamist regimes could take over Arab world Democratic uprisings that have already unseated long-standing autocrats in Tunisia and Egypt and are threatening to topple Moammar Gadhafi in Libya may be taken over by Islamist groups.
* Iran Arrests and Jails Opposition Leaders Iran has arrested opposition leaders Mir Hossein Mousavi and Mehdi Karroubi and has taken them.
* With Russia's $650 billion rearmament plan, the bear sharpens its teeth The graying bear is getting a make-over. Russia's military is launching its biggest rearmament effort since Soviet times.
* EU considering special summit on Libya EU Council chief Herman Van Rompuy is holding talks with member states on a French idea to hold an extraordinary EU summit about Libya and north Africa.
* Iran Threatens Olympics Boycott over 'Zion' Logo Iran has threatened to boycott the 2012 Olympics in London over the logo for the event.
* Americans still favorable towards Israel Nearly 17% of Americans favor the Palestinians and 20% are impartial – supporting both sides equally or indifferently.
* Top rabbi demands dialogue before West Bank outposts are demolished A top rabbi in the Religious-Zionist movement urged the prime minister on Tuesday to open dialogue before dismantling West Bank settlements.
* Iran: We Have the Right to be in the Mediterranean Iran contends that its military vessels are legally entitled to sail in the Mediterranean Sea under international law.