* China's Space Weapons Threaten U.S. Satellites China is developing significant space warfare capabilities that threaten U.S. strategic satellite systems, the commander of the U.S. Strategic Command told Congress on Thursday.
* Islamic State murders 15 Christian hostages, beheads woman; 35 Christian villages now entirely uninhabited The Islamic State (ISIS) has killed 15 of the Christians it took hostage in northeastern Syria earlier this week.
* UN condemns Islamic State's 'barbaric terrorist acts' in Iraq The United Nations Security Council on Friday condemned what it described as the latest "barbaric terrorist acts" in Iraq by Islamic State militants, including the destruction of priceless religious and cultural artifacts.
* Iranian military chief threatens to 'wipe Tel Aviv off the map' A senior Iranian official on Thursday threatened to "wipe Tel Aviv and Haifa off the map" in the event of an Israeli attack on the Islamic Republic's nuclear installations.
* Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead A leading Russian opposition politician, former Deputy Prime Minister Boris Nemtsov, has been shot dead in Moscow, Russian officials say.
* Iran cleric vows to 'raise flag of Islam on White House' to avenge Israeli attack A senior Iranian cleric with close ties to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei vowed on Friday that "we will raise the flag of Islam over the White House" in response to the killing of Hezbollah and Revolutionary Guards operatives on the Golan Heights last month.
* Report: Saudis Ready to Help Israel Attack Iran European officials say that Saudi Arabia is just as concerned as Israel over the details of the nuclear agreement the Obama Administration is currently negotiating with Iran, and is even prepared to facilitate an Israeli airstrike on Iran's nuclear facilities, should it come to that.
* Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin, says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality' China has voiced its support for Russia's handling of the Ukraine crisis, with prominent diplomat Qu Xing calling on the West to "abandon its zero-sum mentality".
* With closed borders, Gazans unable to make Muslim pilgrimage With the war-battered Gaza Strip's borders closed, thousands of people have been shut out of a Muslim pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia because they cannot leave the sealed territory.
* Jordan, Israel to Link Dead Sea with Red Sea Jordan and Israel signed a deal on Thursday to build a pipeline to link the Red Sea with the shrinking Dead Sea and combat regional water shortages, according to AFP.