* ISIS release chilling new 'end of the world' video showing final battle with 'crusaders' The terror group have released footage showing an ISIS 'armoured vehicle advancing towards Colosseum in reference to the 'armies of Rome'.
* Why Has the Church Abandoned the Christians of the Middle East? The Archbishop of Canterbury, Justin Welby, was interviewed recently about the Paris attacks and asked about his reaction. "Like everyone else... first shock and horror and then a profound sadness..." he replied. "Saturday morning, I was out and as I was walking I was praying and saying: 'God, why -- why is this happening?'".
* China Flight Tests Multi-Warhead Missile China conducted a flight test of a new multi-warhead ballistic missile capable of reaching targets throughout the United States, Pentagon officials said.
* Experts warn ISIS menace is rising in Africa A coalition of Libyan ISIS rebels and Boko Haram could be a game-changer on the continent, with ISIS know-how already revamping Boko Haram.
* Putin orders military to be 'extremely tough' to protect Russian forces in Syria Russian president says that, by being in Syria, troops prevent threats posed to their country by Islamists and protect its citizens.
* Islamic State oil trade 'worth more than $500m' The so-called Islamic State (IS) has made more than $500m (Â£330m) trading oil, a US treasury official has said.
* Tony Blair defends advice to Colonel Gaddafi during Libya conflict Tony Blair was not trying to "save" Colonel Gaddafi when he spoke to the dictator at the height of the Libyan conflict in 2011, he has told MPs.
* Catholics should not try to convert Jews, Vatican says in landmark document Christianity and Judaism are intertwined and God never annulled his covenant with the Jewish people, document reads.
* EU plans fully-fledged external border force The European Union is considering a plan to introduce a permanent external border control force that could be deployed if it deems that a member state is in need of help to police its frontiers even without the EU country's consent, the Financial Times and The Wall Street Journal reported Friday.
* Hanukkah worldwide, lifeline to a shared Jewish heritage A celebration of the festival of lights in photographs, some from unexpected places.