* US deploys missile defense in S. Korea despite Russia, China opposition The US has begun to deploy its advanced THAAD anti-missile defense system in South Korea, despite angry opposition from Russia and China.
* US, Russian, Turkish military chiefs meet in Antalya to discuss Syria, Iraq (PHOTOS) Turkey's military chief of staff, General Hulusi Akar, is hosting a meeting with the heads of the US and Russian armed forces in the southern Turkish province of Antalya, according to Ankara and Moscow.
* U.S. Navy Fires Warning Shots at Iranian Vessels in Strait of Hormuz Four Iranian boats made a high-speed approach at the destroyer USS Mahan on Sunday, obliging the Navy vessel to fire warning shots after they ignored radio requests to break off.
* Mosul battle: Troops retake main government office Iraqi forces say they have retaken the main government offices in Mosul as the offensive continues to oust the so-called Islamic State (IS) group.
* US armored column at Manbij to block Russians The Pentagon announced Tuesday, March 6, that a US armored convoy was deployed around the disputed northern Syrian town of Manbij, and in an unusual move, released a video depicting the convoy and its men.
* Despite promises, Ethiopian immigration still stalled as Israelis pass the buck Eight months after decision to airlift 1,300 from dwindling Jewish community, officials have not processed a single request; reasons cited include lack of air conditioning in Addis Ababa embassy.
* Ancient Roman roadway turns up near Beit Shemesh 150 meters of 2,000-year-old highway to be preserved on site for hikers on Israel National Trail.
* EU leaders embrace multi-speed Europe amid tensions France, Germany, Italy and Spain have backed the idea of a multi-speed EU, as the 28-nation bloc prepares to mark 60 years since its founding treaty.
* Trump to Let Jerusalem Embassy Veto Expire in Time for 50 Years of Reunification President Trump would not renew the waiver that enables the President to postpone implementing the Congressional decision to relocate the US embassy to Jerusalem.
* 'ISIS Fighters trying to flee Mosul, Iraqi forces to prevail' Iraqi forces recaptured the eastern half of Mosul in January after 100 days of fighting, and launched an attack on districts lying west of the Tigris river on February 19.