* Terrorists gush over CNN coverage CNN's extensive coverage this week of the annual Muslim pilgrimage to Mecca is a defeat for evangelical Christians and proves it is only a question of time before Islam will be "shining all over the world."
* Modern Day Piracy Worries Security Experts Mention piracy in the 21st century and most people are likely to think in terms of computer, software or intellectual piracy.
* 'Thousands' desert Somalia forces More than 80% of Somalia's soldiers and police - about 15,000 members - have deserted, some taking weapons, uniforms and vehicles.
* 'Israel has reached the end of the road' Thousands of Iranians held a protest rally in Teheran Friday against the blockade of the Gaza Strip.
* Sarkozy comments spark Iran row Iran has summoned the French ambassador in Tehran over comments made by the French president about his Iranian counterpart, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
* Abbas, Bush to hold 'farewell' meeting Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will travel to Washington for a "farewell" meeting with President George W. Bush.
* Vatican denounces embryo research The Vatican has updated its opposition to embryonic stem-cell research, in-vitro fertilisation and human cloning in a sweeping new document.
* EU leaders close to deal on economic recovery plan EU leaders meeting in Brussels have broadly agreed on the proposed economy stimulus package for the 27-strong bloc.
* 'US spies on Israel to gain info on its atomic capabilities' The United States routinely attempts to gather information on Israel's assumed atomic arsenal and secret government deliberations.* Most Palestinians believe Abbas' time is up A new poll shows most Palestinians believe their moderate president's term should end in a matter of weeks.