* EU pledges backing to Ukraine after Russian military buildup European envoy says Kiev has its ‘unwavering support’ while Moscow denies threatening behaviour.
Monday, April 05, 2021
* Jordan's Prince Hamzah vows to defy 'house arrest' orders The former crown prince of Jordan has said he will defy government orders to stop communicating with the outside world and remain indoors.
* Were reports of a Jordanian coup a wake-up call for Israel? According to analysts, former diplomats and security personnel, Jordan’s stability should always be an Israeli concern.
* The Jewish Arab State How did it come about that an Arab party that aligns itself with Israel's enemies is suggested as a member of Israel's government? Op-ed.
* Israel: Ultra-Orthodox appear divided on joining gov't with Islamist Ra'am party support Officials in the ultra-Orthodox Unified Torah Judaism party are reportedly divided over a potential coalition based on the support from the Islamist Ra'am party despite the arrangement receiving the blessing of the community's most influential figure last week.
* Why Does Iran Want So Many Ballistic Missiles? Developing indigenous missile and anti-missile systems is a key component of Iran's deterrence strategy.
* Canadian Police Try to Shut Down Church on Easter For Covid Violations, Pastor Boots Them Out Covid restrictions in Canada are being enforced with an iron fist and there’s no sanctuary to escape from them, apparently not even churches.
* Witnesses: China Imprisoning Christians in Underground ‘Brainwashing’ Torture Centers Eyewitnesses told Radio Free Asia (RFA) in a report published Thursday that Chinese Communist Party officials imprisoned them in mobile “brainwashing” centers designed to make them renounce Christianity, where they faced routine beatings, indoctrination, and solitary confinement designed to induce self-harm.
* NYT Blames Evangelicals For Potentially Extending Covid 'Pandemic' In a recent article in the New York Times, faith and religion reporters Elizabeth Dias and Ruth Graham published a piece entitled: ‘How White Evangelicals’ Vaccine Refusal Could Prolong the Pandemic’.
* NASA to launch spaceship to 'punch' asteroid, stop future impacts The DART Mission spacecraft's launch window is set for July 2021; it is set to arrive at the asteroid in September 2022.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 1:39 PM