* Al-Nusra Front leader urges rejection of ceasefire Mohammad al-Jolani, head of Al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria, says ceasefire is shameful and should be rejected.
* Rouhani, moderates make gains in high-stakes Iran votes President Hassan Rouhani won a resounding vote of support and his moderate allies made a strong showing in high stakes elections that could speed Iran's post-sanctions opening to the world, according to early partial results on Saturday.
* Syria conflict: Attacks reported as truce comes into effect The first major temporary truce in Syria's five-year civil war has come into effect.
* Canadian PM: 'Islam is compatible with secular West' In two separate TV interviews, Trudeau insists that Islam is 'not incompatible with free and open Western societies'.
* US college backs professor's free speech rights after anti-Semitic rants Joy Karega, an assistant professor of rhetoric and composition, had made comments accusing Israel and 'Rothschild-led bankers' of responsibility for downing a Malaysian airliner over Ukraine in 2014.
* In the shadow of Iran, Israeli-US joint defense drill a success 'Juniper Cobra' exercise simulates real-life scenarios - including the threat of multiple air and missile attacks from north and south.
* Israel welcomes first Egyptian ambassador since 2012 Credentials of new Egyptian envoy Hazem Ahdy Khairat accepted by President Rivlin, signaling warming of ties with Cairo.
* 'No Plan B for Syrian settlement' - Russian Foreign Ministry Moscow is not discussing alternative plans for a political settlement in Syria, Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov has said.
* Ya'alon warns: Iran operating 'sleeper cells' in Europe In Cyprus, Defense Minister warns that Iran is building an international terror network and plans attacks on the United States and Europe.
* Next school year to be 'Year of Jerusalem Unity', Bennett declares Amid a wave of terror attacks in Israel's capital, education minister announces expanded curriculum emphasizing the importance of an undivided Jerusalem and its heritage 50 years after the city's reunification.