* World recalls end of World War I Ceremonies have been held across the globe to mark the 90th anniversary of the end of World War I.
* Abbas Praises Suicide Bombers; Foreign Media Downplay Remarks Palestinian Authority Chairman and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas, speaking in Ramallah in memory of his predecessor Yasser Arafat.
* Medvedev bid to extend presidency Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has sent to parliament a bill that extends the presidential term to six years from the current four, the Kremlin says.
* Iran test-fires new missile near Iraq: state media Iran has test-fired a new type of missile during war games near the Iraqi border.
* Jerusalem voters pick new mayor Voters in Jerusalem are choosing a new mayor after a hard-fought election campaign that has raised tensions between religious and moderate Jews.
* Russia to Sell Heavy Arms to Lebanon Following a meeting last week between leading Lebanese legislator Sa'ad Hariri and Russian leaders, Hariri was quoted by Russian media this weekend as saying Russia will sell heavy weaponry to Lebanon.
* EU resumes Russia talks, isolating Lithuania The European Union is set to return to the negotiating table with Russia in order to agree a new partnership treaty.
* 'Jews Around the Next President' The recent appointments of Jews by United States President–Elect Barack Hussein Obama to his new administration should not be reassuring to the Jewish community in America or in Israel.
* Abbas: In talks, Israel has proposed concessions regarding Jerusalem Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas said Tuesday that during peace talks over the past year, Israel had proposed concessions to him regarding Jerusalem.* Holy Jerusalem: Filthy, Poor, Uneducated, Fundamentalist Jerusalem is the most socially deprived and least pleasant place to live in Israel according to an Israeli survey.