* In troubled Mideast where Christian populations are shrinking, Pope calls for interfaith dialogue Pope Francis begins three-day trip to Turkey.
* Iran's Supreme Leader: Israel Becomes More Insecure Day By Day Ayatollah Ali Khamenei says he backs extended nuclear talks with world powers, takes advantage of the opportunity to threaten Israel.
* When the Mayflower docked in Haifa On the anniversary of the UN vote to partition Palestine, two lone soldiers recall their roles smuggling Jewish refugees into fledgling Israel on a former US presidential yacht.
* Egypt Bracing for Islamist Protests on Friday Egyptian authorities bracing for potential violence following calls by Islamists for nationwide protests.
* Islamic State spreading into northern Africa, alarming U.S. In its war to create a caliphate across Syria and Iraq, the Islamic State is opening a front in North Africa, where affiliated militants are wreaking havoc in eastern Libya and Egypt's Sinai Peninsula - presenting a complex challenge for Washington and its allies in the region.
* Pope Francis in Turkey urges faiths to combat fanaticism Pope Francis has called for an interfaith dialogue to counter fanaticism and fundamentalism, at the start of a key visit to Turkey.
* Syria denies targeting civilians, tells US better to criticize ISIS US State Department said it was "horrified" by Syrian government bombings in Raqqa province.
* Turkey establishing industrial zone in West Bank Erdogan: Foreigners love oil, gold, diamonds, and cheap labor of Islamic world. They like the quarrels of the Middle East. Believe me, they don't like us.
* Nigeria unrest: Kano mosque attack 'kills dozens' Dozens have been killed in a gun and bomb attack during Friday prayers at one of the biggest mosques in the Nigerian city of Kano, reports say.
* French FM: Paris will recognize Palestinian state if peace efforts fail Laurent Fabius says Paris working with partners on a "final" diplomatic push to overcome the impasse between Israelis and Palestinians.