* Gaza conflict: Peace talks continue as deadline looms Israelis and Palestinians are trying to agree a long-term deal on Gaza's future and end weeks of deadly fighting before a five-day ceasefire expires.
* IDF Preparing for Possible Resumption of Rocket Fire IDF preparing for a resumption of rocket fire from Gaza before the end of the current five-day ceasefire.
* Iraq crisis: Military claims control of Mosul dam There are conflicting reports about whether Kurdish Peshmerga fighters and Iraqi troops have fully retaken Mosul dam from Islamic State (IS) militants.
* Syria: Hundreds of Bedouin Sentenced to Death 700 Bedouin executed by IS in Syria as bloody conquest in the Gulf region continues.
* Hamas in West Bank 'planned to topple Palestinian Authority' Shin Bet, IDF say plot was orchestrated by Hamas overseas headquarters located in Turkey, and centered on a string of mass casualty terror attacks on Israeli targets; 93 suspects arrested so far.
* Iran attempted large-scale cyber-attack on Israel, senior security source says "This is not something we have seen before, both in terms of scope and the type of targets," source says; new, integrated military communications network was used in Gaza during the conflict.
* Ukraine refugee convoy hit by rockets, says military Many people died when rockets and mortars hit vehicles moving refugees from the Luhansk area of eastern Ukraine, the Ukrainian military says.
* While the US 'Reviews,' EU Calls for Disarming Hamas American vacillation over demands to disarm terrorist groups in Gaza contrasts with Europe's surprising support of Israeli position.
* Lebanon asks US for combat planes to battle jihadists Request comes alongside call for munitions to restock supplies after heavy clashes in east, near Syrian border.
* Nato chief warns Russia against 'green men' tactics Philip Breedlove, Nato's top military commander, has said that if Russia does what it did in Crimea to a Nato state, it would be considered an act of war against the alliance.