* ‘This will be a very warm peace’: Netanyahu hails Israel’s new ties with Morocco At Western Wall Hannukah ceremony, PM notes historic friendship between Moroccans and Jews, says working toward establishing full diplomatic relations ‘as rapidly as possible’.
Saturday, December 12, 2020
* Netanyahu to make first official visit to Egypt in more than a decade Cairo is concerned that a Biden administration will be hostile and undergo a new nuclear deal with Iran that would undermine regional stability, say Egyptian officials.
* Date for new elections: March 16th, 2021 Push to dissolve Knesset gains momentum, with Knesset committee green-lighting the bill, clearing way for first of three votes.
* Netanyahu thanks Trump on three-year anniversary of US recognition of Jerusalem The American proclamation on the Israeli capital will be displayed in Israel’s Cabinet room alongside President Harry S. Truman’s 1948 proclamation recognizing the newly established State of Israel.
* Abdullah: No to undermining Jordan's control of Jerusalem holy sites In recent years, Jordan has repeatedly called on Israel to “stop its violations and provocations and respect the legal and historical status quo” at the al-Aqsa mosque compound.
* Will China lead a Middle East alliance as US-Iran tensions escalate? On November 28, top Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was assassinated near Tehran.
* Iran Claims a Stake in ‘Reconstruction’ of ‘Strategic Ally’ Syria Iranian President Hassan Rouhani told visiting Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad on Tuesday that Tehran will support its “strategic ally” in Damascus until “final victory” is achieved in the long-running Syrian civil war.
* While harping on the nuclear issue, Iran builds more precise missiles – and uses them Tehran is ratcheting up its nuclear upgrades to generate a crisis for pressuring the new Biden administration into a hasty deal “without revisions.”
* Palestinians getting cozier with Turkey as Erdogan unveils his Islamic hegemonic map Support for Turkey and its President Erdogan among the Palestinians who live in the Palestinian areas is becoming increasingly common.
* Russian envoy: Israel-Arab issues - not Iran - main problem in Middle East The ambassador claimed there's no proof Hezbollah created tunnels to attack Israel.