* Gaza conflict: Fresh talks begin in Egypt Indirect talks between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators aimed at finding a long-term solution to the conflict in Gaza have begun in Cairo, according to Egyptian state media.
* The rise of the Islamic State The rapid advance across Iraq by militant fighters from the Islamic State, widely known as Isis, has thrown the country into chaos and led to US air strikes against their key positions.
* Iraq president asks Abadi to succeed PM Nouri Maliki Iraq's president has asked the deputy speaker of parliament, Haider al-Abadi, to form a new government. .
* Sisi, King of Saudi Arabia meet to discuss Gaza crisis, threat posed by Islamic extremists Both countries face criticism for giving Israel time to destroy Hamas, an affiliate of the Muslim Brotherhood, a sworn enemy of both countries..
* Blockbuster terror finance trial to start against Jordan's Arab Bank After about a decade of waiting, and a last ditch attempt to get the US government or Supreme Court to block the case, the most significant terror finance case ever to go to trial in US history, against Arab Bank, is set to begin on Monday.
* Erdogan secures his place in history as Turkey's first directly elected head of state President-elect vows reconciliation after Turkish win; supporters laud Turkey's economic transformation.
* Turkish aid group steps up preparations to launch 'Freedom Flotilla II' for Gaza The same organization that launched the 'Mavi Marmara' in 2010 says it will make second attempt to break Israeli blockade on the Strip.
* World shrugs as ISIL targets Christians, Mideast returns to Middle Ages The headlines seem from another era, if not century; that of Christian persecution by militant Islam in the Middle East.
* Portions of the Western Wall may be facing problematic erosion Geologists have found that cracks in the wall may be indicative of erosion and structural instability.
* 'We Believe it'll Happen- We'll Return to Gush Katif' They're told that it's an unrealistic idea, but many of the 9,000 Jews expelled from Gaza are convinced that they will return to Gush Katif.