* Netanyahu: Jewish people are strong because 'we are united' As the Jewish New Year approaches, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has released his annual Rosh Hashana greeting.
* Iran vows to support Syria 'to the end,' but rules out sending arms, troops to Damascus Iran will support Syria "to the end" in the face of a possible US-led military strike against the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad.
* Syria crisis: Clash looms at St Petersburg G20 summit Deep divisions over the Syria crisis are set to be aired at the summit of the G20 group of nations in Russia.
* Russia Warns Of Nuclear Disaster If Syria Is Attacked A Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman warned any military intervention in Syria would create a nuclear disaster.
* Areas of anxiety: 9 New Year challenges for the IDF In the run-up to Rosh Hashanah, Israel Radio was previewing an end-of-Jewish-year round-up program.
* Al Qaeda-Linked Rebels Attack Christian Village Syrian government troops battled al-Qaida-linked rebels over a regime-held Christian village in western Syria.
* US sure to 'suffer loss' if it acts in Syria, says Iran's Khamenei Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said Thursday that the United States was sure to "suffer loss" if it took military action.
* Failed Hackers Issue New Threat An anonymous group of anti-Israel hackers has announced plans for a new cyber-assault.
* EU sides with Russia's Putin, urges against US 'military solution' in Syria Europe's top officials warned against a military response in Syria.
* Hezbollah preparing to defend Damascus, strike Israel if Syria situation worsens Hezbollah is preparing to defend Damascus from an invasion by the Syrian rebels.