* 'The Eyes of the World Are on Jerusalem' Netanyahu warns during visit to Border Police headquarters: Islamists are trying to ignite a religious war in the capital.
* Islamic State kidnaps Catholics, threatens to decapitate adults, burn children alive "The Assyrian Human Rights Network, meanwhile, said the captives had been ordered released by a Shariah court after paying an unspecified amount of money levied as a tax on non-Muslims."
* Iran Declares Pre-emptive Victory in Nuke Talks Top Iranian negotiator: We are the winner"
* Jordan king: Palestinian peace deal needed to defeat IS Abdullah II tells EU parliament conflict gives jihadists 'powerful rallying cry'; says Muslim nations must lead fight against extremism.
* Iraq troops 'retake parts of Tikrit' from Islamic State Iraqi forces have retaken some areas of the city of Tikrit from Islamic State (IS) militants, Iraqi officials say.
* 'Israeli construction in West Bank settlements dropped by 52% in 2014' When it comes to actual building within West Bank settlements, Netanyahu's track record as prime minister in the past six years has been worse than that of the previous six years.
* Sweden cancels arms deal with Saudi Arabia over human rights Swedish criticism of Riyadh's human rights record sparked a diplomatic row.
* Pope Francis says he accepts he may be assassinated - but asks God to make sure it doesn't hurt because he is 'a real wimp' He said: 'Life is in God's hands. I have said to the Lord, "You take care of me. But if it is your will that I die or something happens to me, I ask you only one favour: that it doesn't hurt. Because I am a real wimp when it comes to physical pain."'.
* Euro heading for dollar parity The euro is set to hit parity with the US dollar in the coming weeks as a combination of quantitative easing and fears over a Greek exit from the eurozone continues to fuel a plunge in its value.
* Mary Magdalene combating sexism Christian women gather in the Galilee to commemorate International Women's Day by discussing feminist issues.