* 'Hizbullah is pushing Lebanon towards a Khomeini-style of rule' South Lebanese Army Gen. Antoine Lahad, 81, currently living in Europe, to where he fled more than eight years ago after Israel's withdrawal from Lebanon, gave an interview to Israel Radio.
* Search for China quake survivors A massive search and rescue operation is under way in south-western China after one of the most powerful earthquakes in decades.
* Blair unveils new 'West Bank package' Quartet envoy Tony Blair on Tuesday unveiled a package of steps designed to allow greater movement in the West Bank.
* Ahmadinejad rejects Saudi charges Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian president, has said that the comments by the Saudi foreign minister that Tehran interfered in the recent crisis in Lebanon are false and made in anger.
* Chavez slams Merkel, suggests ideological link to Hitler Hugo Chavez accused German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party of sharing the same ideals as Adolf Hitler.
* 2,100-year-old Isaiah Scroll on rare public display for two months For the past 40 years, the 2,100-year-old Isaiah Scroll has been kept in a dark room with temperature and humidity controls, far from the public eye.
* Police seize documents from gov't ministry in PM probe Detectives from the National Fraud Unit entered the offices of the Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Labor in Jerusalem on Tuesday and confiscated documents.
* Bush to discuss oil prices with Saudi king President Bush said Monday that when he meets Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah later this week, he'll bring up the effect that high oil prices are having on the U.S. and global economies.
* Peres: Iran is a relic of the past Iran represents the past, while Israel represents the future, President Shimon Peres said Tuesday evening.* Europe Celebrates Israel's Birthday Israel and Europe celebrated their respective milestones on Monday in the "European Village" in Rishon LeTzion, Israel's 4th-largest city.