* 5779: A New Year of Hope The prophecy of kibbutz galuyot - the ingathering of the exiles - was realized as Jews from all corners of the world returned to their ancient homeland.
* Putin Is Pushing for Total Victory in Syria No Matter How Many Civilians Die With Chechnya as his model, the Russian president is willing to level whole cities to enforce 'peace.'
* Turkey pins hopes on cleric Sadr to form Iraqi government As a variety of serious issues between Baghdad and Ankara are put on hold as Iraq forms a new government, Turkey is keeping a close watch.
* The EU is preparing a big Brexit compromise to 'save Theresa' May The EU is preparing to offer Theresa May a lifeline by handing its chief negotiator new instructions to help seal a deal with Britain, according to a report.
* Heeding the Call of the Shofar If each and every one of us use this year's shofar blowing to reflect upon these lessons, then we as a collective will emerge from Rosh Hashanah as much better individuals and a much improved nation.
* Putin is ready go all the way against the US in Syria. Where does this place Israel? Russian-Syrian success in the high-stakes Idlib offensive would give Tehran a major victory and renewed footing in Syria.
* Death as Punishment "for Disbelief": Extremist Persecution of Christians, February 2018 "I was beaten and taken to a bathroom. I asked what was my mistake, and they [the police] replied that I was his cousin.... Later they asked me to pull his pants down and sodomize him. I refused." - Christian man, Pakistan
* Rouhani urges Iran's army to increase power Iranian Supreme Leader urges Iran's armed forces to increase their power to "scare off" the enemy.
* Report: Trump administration to close PLO office in Washington According to early draft of Trump's national security advisor's remarks reviewed by Wall Street Journal, 'The Trump administration will not keep the office open when the Palestinians refuse to take steps to start direct and meaningful negotiations with Israel.'
* World's leaders greet Jews ahead of Rosh Hashana In anticipation of the Jewish new year, US President Donald Trump says 'The Jewish people endured and overcome unthinkable persecution and suffering.