* Israel marks 64th Independence Day Celebrations of 64 years of Israeli independence kicked off on Wednesday night with the lighting of beacons at the official ceremony at Mount Herzl national cemetery in Jerusalem.
* Independence Day celebrations brought to halt by rocket fire While Independence Day celebrations are continuing throughout the country, residents of Hof Ashkelon Regional Council once again found themselves running for shelter.
* Israel at 64: Population of 7,881,000 Israel's population numbered 7,881,000 people on the eve of its 64th anniversary.
* Syria: Massive explosion in Hama 'kills 70' They said several houses in the Masha at-Tayyar district in southern Hama were destroyed by a big explosion.
* Abbas: Arab visits to al-Aksa mosque not forbidden High-level Arab visits to Jerusalem to pray privately at the third holiest site in Islam should not be seen as acceptance of Israel control over the eastern half of the city, Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said.
* New IDF Rifle has Double Barrel A new Israeli assault rifle features a twin barrel â€“ the first such gun to be made in Israel, writes Israel Defense.
* Palestinian UN observer calls for Security Council action against Israel over outposts Riyad Mansour labels legalization of three West Bank sites 'glaring proof' of Israeli expansionist aims.
* Photos from IAF Flyby The IAF released a short clip Thursday with a pilot's-eye view of the President's Residence from the Independence Day flyby.
* Missions around the world celebrate Israel's independence Israeli missions around the world found creative ways to celebrate Israel's 64th Independence Day.
* Gantz says 'other forces' could strike Iran IDF chief Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz hinted on Thursday that other countries could also strike Iran's nuclear sites.