* Iranian General: We Will Level Tel Aviv If Israel Makes Slightest Mistake Iran’s military spokesperson on Wednesday warned the “slightest mistake” on Israel’s part would compel his country to “level Tel Aviv and Haifa.”
Friday, January 29, 2021
* Iranian general: ‘We will level Tel Aviv if Israel makes slightest mistake’ Israel is “not yet aware” of all of Iran’s military capabilities, says Iranian army spokesperson.
* Israel: Military chief says attack plans against Iran are being revised in light of Biden’s return to nuke deal In a rare move, Israel’s military chief of staff Lieutenant-General Aviv Kohavi has sent a strong warning in the face of Iran’s imminent nuclear threat to Israel.
* Could former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be back? A recent poll found former Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to be the preferred candidate for this June's presidential elections.
* Iran Turns Gaza Into Storehouse for Weapons As many in the international community express more and more concern about the economic and humanitarian crisis in the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip, the Palestinian terror groups there seem less and less concerned about improving the living conditions of their people.
* Biden administration trying to fix Obama’s Syria blunders with the same team that created them With Antony Blinken confirmed by the US Senate as the new Secretary of State, some analysts hope US policy in Syria will not revert to what it was when Obama was in office.
* Is Israel in Secret Contact with Syria? Syrian president Bashar Assad, who now views the Iranian presence in his country as a burden, wants to oust Tehran from Syrian soil—and he has come to realize that achieving that goal will require Israel’s involvement.
* US calls on Russia, Turkey, UAE to halt Libya intervention US President Joe Biden's administration will restore aid to the Palestinians that was cut by his predecessor Donald Trump and reopen diplomatic missions.
* Biden pledge to reopen PLO mission in Washington faces legal hurdles U.S. President Joe Biden’s plan to work to reopen the Palestinians’ diplomatic mission in Washington could be held up over a law that exposes Palestinian officials to U.S. anti-terror lawsuits, officials and advisers to the Palestinians say.
* Outreach and overreach, American political Messianism The rewards and perils of religious, political, diplomatic Messianism in American policies. Op-ed.