* Cairo campus torched amid Egypt protests Supporters of Egypt's Islamist Muslim Brotherhood have set fire to university buildings in Cairo, state TV says.
* Global Islamism: Prospects for 2014 Thanks to the Obama administration's uninformed and flimsy foreign policy decisions, the year 2013 has distinctively been a blessing for the independent Islamist parties and fundamentalist Islamic governments.
* Kerry to return to Middle East next week US Secretary of State John Kerry will return to the Middle East next week.
* New calls for Jewish prayer at Jerusalem holy site For decades, the religious Jews who bucked a rabbinic ban and visited a contested holy site in Jerusalem where the ancient Jewish temple once stood were seen by many as a fanatic fringe.
* Iraq MP Ahmed al-Awlani arrested in deadly Ramadi raid Iraqi forces have arrested an MP, killing his brother and five of his guards during a raid on his home in the western city of Ramadi.
* Turkish protesters clash with police as supporters cheer Erdogan Protesters demanding Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan resign over a high-level corruption scandal clashed with riot police in Istanbul.
* Deep sea creatures found off Rockall 'new to science' Four animals previously unknown to science have been discovered in deep water off Scotland, the Scottish government has said.
* IDF fighting new brand of Palestinian terror The Israeli security establishment has been attempting to deal with the populist terror surge in the West Bank.
* The Jihadist Cleansing of Christianity from Muslim Countries Fox News reported that in Iraq, "Christians are afraid to put up a Christmas tree or other decorations, according to one Christian pastor in Iraq".
* Iranian nuclear chief: Islamic Republic designing new centrifuges Iran's nuclear chief said the Islamic Republic was making plans to mass produce new centrifuges for uranium enrichment.