* Biden Administration Rewards Terrorists: Abbas and Hamas Ironically, the same Abbas who told Blinken that he (Abbas) is committed to a peace process with Israel is the same Abbas who also wants to see his Israeli "peace partners" put on trial at the ICC.
Tuesday, June 01, 2021
* Anti-Netanyahu party heads meet to form new Israeli coalition Rivlin's legal adviser rejects challenge to Bennett becoming prime minister.
* Israel's Politics: What Just Happened, and What's Next? Rivals of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu pressed forward on Tuesday to seal a political pact that would unseat Israel's longest-serving leader.
* Netanyahu: Preventing Iran acquiring atomic weapons more crucial than US friendship At a ceremony for incoming Mossad chief David Barnea, PM said burden of prevention fell on the organization.
* LGBTQ+: 73% of Israelis support equal rights for same-sex couples The survey noted that these sentiments are expressed by both left-wing and right-wing Israeli camps.
* Better off as friends? Russia & China forging close partnership, Moscow's man in Beijing says, but NATO-style alliance not needed Ties between Russia and China have been hailed as at a “historic high,” but according to Moscow’s top envoy in Beijing, there is no reason to expect the friendly relations to evolve into a formal military alliance any time soon.
* Iran: Talks with Saudi Arabia continue in a 'good atmosphere' The talks between Saudi Arabia and Iran in Baghdad remained secret until several weeks ago.
* Iran's presidential election: Four ways it matters Iranians are due to choose a new president this month at a pivotal time for the country, both at home and abroad.
* Build Back Better: Vaccinate the ‘Whole World’ by 2022, Says Boris Johnson Prime Minister Boris Johnson has called for the leading economic powers to help vaccinate the entire world against the Chinese coronavirus by the end of next year and said that the G7 nations should craft a global pandemic preparedness treaty to enshrine vaccine passports and other measures.
* Amid shaky Gaza ceasefire, Hamas calls for West Bank ‘Day of Rage’ on Friday Terror group pushes for violent confrontations at checkpoints and against Israeli settlers in order to ‘defend the land and holy sites’.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:49 AM