* Iraq approves new government, opens way for expanded U.S. role Under huge international and domestic pressure, Iraq swore in a new government on Monday.
* Is Islamic State snatching Iraqi children to groom as next generation of terrorists? Kurdish human rights group: 100 children abducted, held in Mosul.
* Ya'alon: Turkey is openly supporting terrorism In perhaps the most openly hostile comments made publicly by a senior Israeli official against former ally Turkey, Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon on Monday said Istanbul, along with Qatar, was openly backing terrorism.
* Ya'alon: World Intelligence Agencies Must Cooperate to Combat IS Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon on Tuesday called for world intelligence agencies to work together against the Islamic State (IS) jihadist group.
* Watch: Islamic Jihad shows off purportedly new Gaza terror tunnel After Israel destroyed more than 30 tunnels during Operation Protective Edge, terror group claims it began rebuilding tunnels "the day after the war ended." .
* Hezbollah slams Islamic State for seeking to ignite sectarian strife in Lebanon Representative of Lebanese Shi'ite group downplays threat posed on his country by Sunni extremist militants.
* Rebels Reportedly Control Syrian Golan, Entering Lebanon Syrian rebels strengthened their hold of the Syrian side of the Golan Heights on Tuesday morning.
* Washington Post: There is No 'Occupied Palestine' One of the key tenets of the Palestinian narrative that underlies the land-for-peace process is that Israel currently occupies a country known as "Palestine" in the same way Germany once occupied Poland, or China still occupies Tibet.
* Juncker set to unveil new commission The new EU commission chief, Jean-Claude Juncker, is likely to present his new team and their posts on Wednesday (10 September).
* Ya'alon: Hamas's Foreign Headquarters are in Turkey Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon warned on Monday that Iran is trying to renew its aid to Hamas.