* Hostilities could resume as Israel plays hardball with Hamas over captives' return Jerusalem said to condition enclave's rehabilitation on return of two civilians and bodies of two soldiers.
Thursday, July 08, 2021
* Israel Warns: Mideast on Verge of Arms Race Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz warned on Monday that the Middle East is on the verge of a new arms race, which could begin if “Iran continues to advance towards nuclear weapons and nuclear breakout [status].”
* Only Israel can crown Hamas victor Hamas might have won the battle, but Israel can still decide to win the war. Opinion.
* Fatah, Hamas need unity for the sake of a Palestinian state - opinion Saudi Arabia tried to broker a deal to resolve the crisis between Fatah and Hamas but failed. Hamas has now tilted toward the Islamic Republic of Iran.
* Xi Jinping Is Mobilizing China for War, Possibly With Nukes Beijing looks as if it is preparing for a full-scale invasion of Indian territory.... Ladakh is not the only hotspot.
* This Is How Israel Would Fight A War With Iran and Its Fearsome Should hostilities erupt, Iran will have to confront one of the most capable militaries in the world.
* Israel's new prime minister to update Iran policy before Biden meeting Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has launched an Iran policy review to be concluded before his first meeting with President Biden, which is likely to take place in late July, Israeli officials tell me.
* Afghan gov’t delegation meets Taliban in Iran Tehran hosts the first significant peace talks in months in a previously unannounced meeting that comes as US forces leave.
* Iran’s new president is an out-and-out monster — and enemy of minorities The Islamic Republic of Iran is a monstrous tyranny that likes to pretend it’s a democracy.
* With Lebanon in dire straits, Hezbollah seeks to cast Iran as country’s savior Amid near-complete economic and political collapse, Tehran-backed terror group increases its hold on Lebanon and could try to have Islamic Republic fill the power vacuum.
* China's military prepares for war, while America's military goes 'woke' President Xi Jinping's Chinese Communist Party (CCP) centenary speech conveyed his regime's resolve in many ways.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:31 AM