* Hizballah rush 1,000 troops to S. Syrian borders The pro-Iranian Hizballah Tuesday, May 16, rushed 12 companies of 1,000 fighters to the Homs, Daraa and Quneitra (Golan) regions of southern Syria to block off the entry of "US-backed militants" from Jordan through the Al-Tanf border crossing.
* Trump, Erdogan seek to mend strained ties at White House meeting US support for Kurdish fighters in Syria, extradition of cleric Fethullah Gulen are sticking points in relations between the two countries.
* Trump Signals Shift in Middle East Strategy With Symbolic First Stop in Saudi Arabia WHITE HOUSE - U.S. President Donald Trump is about to embark on his first foreign trip, a nine day journey that takes him to the seats of the world's three great Abrahamic (monotheistic) religions and signals a 180-degree shift from his predecessor's approach toward the Middle East.
* Trump defends 'absolute right' to share 'facts' with Russia US President Donald Trump has defended his "absolute right" to share information with Russia, following a row over classified material.
* International Bigotry Over Jerusalem The world powers, EU and the UN are consistent over one thing. Their bigotry regarding Jerusalem.
* REPORT: Arab States offer Israel improved ties in exchange for peace concessions Israel would be expected to freeze settlement construction as part of steps toward normalizing ties.
* Iranian-Backed Militia Offensive Raises Tensions Near Turkish Border of Iraq The developments have made local Iraqis wary of creeping Iranian influence and Turkish intervention in an area already plagued by infighting and a combustible mix of ethnic and religious groups.
* US accuses Syria of mass executions and burning bodies in crematorium State Department says 50 people a day are hanged at Saydnaya military prison, then cremated to hide evidence of killings.
* Ambassador Friedman Presents Credentials to Rivlin: "Trump's Love for Israel Rock-Solid" At a ceremony at the President's Residence in Jerusalem, President Reuven Rivlin on Tuesday morning received the diplomatic credentials of the new United States Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman.
* US Navy chief wants larger fleet to counter global powers like Russia & China The US Navy needs to increase its fleet in order to match near-peer opponents such as Russia and China, its commander said, adding that the world is entering an era of maritime competition between global powers.