* Mitchell: 'Two-state solution the only solution' to ME conflict US President Barack Obama's Mideast envoy George Mitchell said Friday that a "two-state solution is the only solution" to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
* Netanyahu: PA State? First Recognize Jewish Israel Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told U.S. envoy George Mitchell Thursday evening that Israel is willing to discuss the creation of a Palestinian Authority state.
* FM against Moscow-planned ME meeting Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman expressed misgivings Friday over Moscow's plan to arrange a special Middle East ministerial meeting at the UN Security Council.
* Nato exercises 'a dangerous move' Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has condemned Nato's "dangerous decision" to hold military exercises in Georgia next month.
* IMF warns over parallels to Great Depression The International Monetary Fund has warned of "worrisome parallels" between the current global crisis and the Great Depression.
* Holocaust Remembrance Day-Hitler's birthday On Monday evening, April 20, we will begin our 24-hour commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day.
* Over 500 planned terrorist attacks in EU in 2008 The European Union's law enforcement agency, Europol, counted a total of 515 terrorist attacks carried out or planned in the union in 2008.
* U.S. sees Arab peace plan as part of Palestinian state push U.S. President Barack Obama's Middle East envoy, George Mitchell, called on Friday for an Arab peace initiative to be part of a planned U.S. drive to create a Palestinian state.
* US nuclear experts expelled from N.Korea: Xinhua Four US experts monitoring the shutdown of a North Korean nuclear plant were expelled Friday from the isolated nation.
* Hamas: We will never recognize the enemy Two top Hamas leaders made their first appearances at public events since Israel's Gaza war on Friday.