* Iran summit stumbles on nuclear, Syria criticism A showpiece summit hosted by Iran stumbled as soon as it opened on Thursday.
* IAEA: Iran has doubled underground nuclear capacity Iran has doubled the number of uranium- enrichment centrifuges it has in an underground bunker.
* Israeli attack on Iran 'would not stop nuclear program' An Israeli attack on Iran would delay but probably not stop its nuclear program, the most senior US military officer has claimed.
* The NAM meeting's chilling message When Egyptian President Mohamed Morsy blasted Syria's government at the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Conference in Tehran on Thursday, his comments prompted Syria's Foreign Minister Walid al-Moualem to storm out.
* Mitt Romney to use RNC speech to address Mormonism and Bain Capital Mitt Romney will use his primetime speech at the Republican national convention on Thursday night to address the biggest of his perceived weaknesses: his Mormon religion and his record as chief executive of Bain Capital.
* Iranian Supreme Leader: Israelis are 'Ferocious Zionist Wolves' In yet another outrageously anti-Semitic speech, Iranian Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, speaking Thursday at the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit, called Israelis "ferocious Zionist wolves".
* Egyptian leader stuns Iran with plea to back Syrian rebels Egypt's president Mohamed Morsi has said that the "oppressive" Syrian regime had lost all legitimacy.
* France and Germany moving towards closer political union Last year Germany went out on a limb by calling for political union in Europe.
* China urges Germany and France to solve euro-crisis Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao on Thursday (30 August) offered vague promises to buy bonds from troubled euro-countries.
* Supermassive black holes and hot galaxies in giant haul A space telescope has added to its list of spectacular finds, spotting millions of supermassive black holes and blisteringly hot, "extreme" galaxies.