* Sirens blare as Israel comes to a standstill in remembrance of Holocaust victims Public life stops during 2 minutes of silence dedicated to memory of 6 million Jews killed, as daytime ceremonies honoring those persecuted by the Nazi regime get underway.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
* Holocaust Remembrance Day: Remember, appreciate Israel - editorial It is difficult to appreciate the wonder and miracle of the Jewish state unless you step back and remember what things looked like without it.
* Israel responds to ICC: You have no jurisdiction over us Jerusalem has pointed to its own independent judiciary capable of trying soldiers who commit war crimes.
* The ICC Attempts to Place Israel on a Par with Terror Armies The ICC Prosecutor’s investigation of Israel will get underway in the next few months.
* Iran nuclear talks: How do goals of Rouhani, Biden and Netanyahu compare? Rouhani and Biden will move toward a deal: Rouhani to save his legacy and Biden to clear off his table to deal with other issues.
* Russia Masses Troops Armor on Ukraine's Borders; Fears Mount of Wider War Russia has deployed troops and armor near Ukraine’s eastern border and in Crimea, sparking fears of a wider war after years of stalemated trench combat in Ukraine’s eastern Donbas region.
* Israeli data shows world's Jewish population now as high as in 1925 Central Bureau of Statistics says as of December 2019, there were 14.8 million Jews alive in the world, of whom 83% are in Israel or U.S.; some 180,000 recognized Holocaust survivors currently live in Jewish state.
* Iran and Israel’s strategic paradox The past year was very good for Israel, security-wise. The number of attacks was relatively low, and the intensive focus on the pandemic (and elections) pushed aside issues that in normal times would have made headlines.
* Were reports of a Jordanian coup a wake-up call for Israel? According to analysts, former diplomats and security personnel, Jordan’s stability should always be an Israeli concern.
* Would Israel Dare Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities? There has been frequent speculation over the last two decades that Israel could launch such an attack on Iran, but while Israel is believing to undergone various efforts to sabotage Iran’s nuclear capability, they have not launched a full-on strike.
* Witnesses: China Imprisoning Christians in Underground ‘Brainwashing’ Torture Centers Eyewitnesses told Radio Free Asia (RFA) in a report published Thursday that Chinese Communist Party officials imprisoned them in mobile “brainwashing” centers designed to make them renounce Christianity, where they faced routine beatings, indoctrination, and solitary confinement designed to induce self-harm.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:19 AM