* 'Israel will react to Iran accordingly' Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon this week told the Iranian people by radio that a regional war initiated by Teheran was a distinct possibility.
* 'Direct Talks' Scheduled for a Total of One Day Reporters were scratching their heads Monday as they tried to break through non-answers and flowery talk.
* Blair: Serious ideas needed for Mideast success Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair has called on Israelis and Palestinians to bring serious proposals to a new round of peace talks.
* Strengthening Netanyahu: 'Don't Surrender to PA Blackmail' Israel's Land of Israel loyalists refuse to leave the playing field only to Mahmoud Abbas, Saeb Erekat, and other PA spokesmen.
* Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood launches 'Islamic Facebook' A senior member of the banned Islamist group says the aim is to spread awareness of moderate Islamic values.
* Opinion: Is Time a Muslim Magazine? I did not think that the pro-Muslim/pro-Islamist and anti-Western propaganda could get any worse-and yet it just has.
* US nuclear expert: Iran's nuclear clock ticking The Iranian nuclear clock is not slowing down, claims Prof. Gary Milhollin, director of the Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control.
* Ashton set to take new office in EU nerve centre The EU is in talks to lease the so-called Triangle building in Brussels for its new diplomatic service.
* U.S. Meets Aug. 31 Troop Target in Iraq The American military said Tuesday that the number of troops in Iraq had dropped below 50,000.
* Afghan Taliban say Petraeus's progress "baffling" General David Petraeus told the BBC at the weekend that momentum by the Islamists had been checked in their strongholds in Kandahar and Helmand provinces.