* Reports: Obama Mulling Sanctions on Israel The Obama administration is refusing to discuss reports that emerged early Thursday claiming that the White House is considering imposing sanctions on Israel for CONTINUINGconstruction on Jewish homes in Jerusalem.
* UK to establish £15m permanent Mid East military base Britain is to establish its first permanent military base in the Middle East since it formally withdrew from the region in 1971.
* Islamic State group support grows in Jordan town Local authorities quickly stripped away public signs of support for the Islamic State group in this desert town.
* US hostage Luke Somers and SA Pierre Korkie killed during Yemen rescue bid UK-born US journalist Luke Somers and South African teacher Pierre Korkie have been killed by al-Qaeda militants in Yemen during a failed rescue bid.
* How will the sharp drop in oil prices affect Israel's relations with its neighbors? Plunging oil prices have far-reaching implications for the global economy, the Middle East and the Jewish state.
* Politics: Guide for the politically perplexed As Netanyahu leads the country to new elections, political parties are scrambling to devise strategies to consolidate their power This summer.
* Christian Zionists funding Israel immigration still scares Jews Who first said, "Palestine is a land without a people for a people without a land?" referring to the Jews? Hint: not Theodor Herzl.
* Poll: One-state solution to conflict finds rising support in US A growing number of Americans back the idea of a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
* Despite reports, Saudis not about to sell oil to Israel Saudi Arabia is most likely not willing to start selling oil to Israel, despite various news reports to that effect in the Israeli and Arab media this week.
* New trio of EU leaders has chance to make a difference Donald Tusk took office as president of the European Council on 1 December, completing the new EU leadership team.