* Trump recognizes Golan to counter Iran's first steps for annexing Lebanon to Syria US President Donald Trump's declared recognition of Israeli sovereignty over the Golan on Thursday, March 21, had a time-sensitive object, unconnected to the Israeli election or Binyamin Netanyahu's run for reelection, as his rivals contended.
* Erdogan Rips Trump: 'Golan recognition will plunge Middle East into new crisis' At emergency meeting of Organization of Islamic Cooperation Erdogan vows to resist US recognition of Israeli sovereignty over Golan Heights.
* Foreign Powers Condemn Trump Statement Over Israeli Sovereignty in Golan The Syrian government, and many other foreign powers, condemned on Friday US President Donald Trump's statement that it was time to recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights and said Syria was determined to recover the area "through all available means."
* Arab League: Golan Heights 'occupied Syrian territory' Arab League rejects Trump's announcement on Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights, supports Syria.
* Trump Delivers Purim Miracle: Grants Israel Sovereignty over Golan In a manner that mirrored the Biblical nature of the Purim holiday as an aspect of Jewish redemption, President Trump announced on Thursday that his administration will recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
* Erekat: Trump's move will cause bloodshed PLO Secretary General blasts Trump over his call for the US to officially recognize Israel's sovereignty over the Golan Heights.
* Brexit: Departure date pushed back by at least two weeks Theresa May has been granted an extra two weeks to come up with a Brexit solution after talks with EU leaders.
* Christians in Jerusalem concerned over outcome of Israeli election While the world waits to see if Benjamin Netanyahu can hold on to power, a small Christian minority in Jerusalem is nervous over the outcome of the Israeli elections, as their large land holdings have become political fodder.
* Palestinians: The Other Peace Deal Hamas is now accusing the Palestinian Authority (PA) and Fatah of exploiting the economic crisis in the Gaza Strip to call on Palestinians to overthrow the Hamas regime.
* Trump: Time to recognise Golan Heights as Israeli territory President Donald Trump has overturned decades of US policy by saying it is time to recognise Israel's sovereignty over the occupied Golan Heights, which it captured from Syria in 1967.