* 'Sarkozy: Israel may act against Iran' French President Nicolas Sarkozy assessed that Israel "would not stand by while Iran develops nuclear weapons."
* Likud minister: Another conflict with Lebanon is 'inevitable' Another military conflict between Israel and Lebanon is "inevitable," Minister-without-Portfolio Yossi Peled (Likud) Saturday at a Beersheba event. .
* Haiti quake victim rescue operation declared over Haiti's government has made the "heartbreaking" decision to declare the search and rescue phase for survivors of the earthquake over, the UN says.
* ABC: Female bombers may target US Al-Qaeda is training female suicide bombers in Yemen, including at least two who do not look Arab and carry Western passports.
* Simulators Prepare Soldiers for Explosions of War A Humvee bumps along a dirt road fringed by mountains, their snowy peaks glinting in the sun.
* Russia: Arms talks with US to resume in February Russia and the US will resume stalled talks on a replacement nuclear arms reduction treaty in early February.
* With Mideast peace talks stalled, activists fear a new intifada US peace envoy George Mitchell met Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Friday to try to break a diplomatic impasse that some say could give rise to a new Palestinian uprising, or intifada.
* Venezuela oil 'may double Saudi Arabia' A new US assessment of Venezuela's oil reserves could give the country double the supplies of Saudi Arabia.
* US envoy George Mitchell continues Mid East peace push US Envoy George Mitchell has met Palestinian leaders a day after holding talks in Israel in his latest push to restart peace talks.
* Markets fall after Obama sets out new bank rules Stock markets have fallen sharply in response to far-reaching plans by US President Barack Obama to curb the activities of the biggest US banks.