* Biden: US 'determined' to prevent a nuclear Iran US Vice President Joe Biden expressed America's "absolute, total, unvarnished commitment to Israel' security" at a press conference in Jerusalem.
* Aviation Week: Hamas, Hizbullah May Push Israel to War Worrisome escalations in arms stockpiling by Hamas and Hizbullah have convinced defense analysts that another war with Israel is on the horizon this year or in 2011.
* Israel, Syria announce nuclear energy ambitions Mideast rivals Israel and Syria on Tuesday each announced ambitions to develop nuclear energy.
* Russia sees new nuclear arms treaty by April A new treaty limiting U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear arsenals could be signed within two or three weeks.
* 'Israel won't initiate attack in North' "We are not looking for confrontations. Israel will not initiate attacks in the northern arena but we are strong and deterring," Defense Minister Ehud Barak said.
* Iraq election turnout 62%, officials say The voter turnout in Iraq's general elections was 62%, officials said, despite attacks that killed 38 people.
* EU visit to Gaza is 'poke in the eye' for Israel Israel has agreed for EU foreign relations chief Catherine Ashton to visit Gaza next week in a mission criticised by a former Israeli diplomat.
* Iran's Ahmadinejad to visit Afghanistan Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad plans to visit Afghanistan on Wednesday, a government spokesman said.
* UN's Weak Response to Muslim Slaughter of Christians Hundreds of Christians were brutally slaughtered with axes and knives by a Muslim Nigerian mob on Sunday.
* Robert Gates warns of 'hard Afghan fight ahead' US Defence Secretary Robert Gates has warned that "hard fighting" lies ahead, in his first visit to Afghanistan since the launch of a major offensive there.