* BRACED FOR ARMAGEDDON Terrifying footage shows Russian soldiers prepare for nuclear war during drill involving 40 million people The four-day test saw emergency services practice how to deal with casualties in the event of an atomic strike.
* UN preparing for possible chemical attack in Iraq's Mosul As US-led Iraqi and Kurdish troops come ever closer Mosul, 90 UN medical professional have been trained to respond to a possible chemical attack response by ISIS.
* Warning to Palestinian students: "Beware of natural death; do not die, but amidst the hail of bullets" University agrees to student organization's initiative to create memorial demanding Martyrdom and honoring murderers.
* Mosul battle: IS 'loses hundreds of fighters' - US generals Hundreds of Islamic State militants are thought to have been killed since Iraqi forces launched an offensive to retake Mosul last week, the US military says.
* Russia warships: Kuznetsov battle group 'refuels off North Africa' Plans for some of the ships to dock at a Spanish port were cancelled after Nato allies voiced concern.
* Report: Final burial place of Jesus revealed after hundreds of years Hidden by marble for centuries, the stone slab believed to have held Jesus's remains has finally been exposed.
* Palestinian rivals, Mideast regional powers growing uneasy with Abbas In a signal of its growing frustration, Saudi Arabia, which normally provides around $20 million a month to the Palestinian budget, has reportedly not made any contributions since April.
* IRGC chief says commands most powerful regional force The Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps chief has said he commands the most powerful force in the beleaguered Middle East now "tenfold" stronger than ever.
* Britain joins biggest European military buildup since Cold War Britain is deploying troops, aircraft and armor in the biggest military buildup in Eastern Europe since the Cold War.
* US no banana republic for Russia to meddle in its election - Putin Russian President Vladimir Putin has rejected allegations that Moscow is trying to meddle with the American presidential vote, saying that the US is no banana republic to allow such a thing.