* Could Syria Trigger War Between Israel and Russia? The Kremlin has denounced Israeli strikes in Syria as “illegitimate.”
Friday, March 26, 2021
* Naftali Bennett: The Israeli nationalist politician who could determine Netanyahu's future In the aftermath of the March 23 Israeli general elections, religious nationalist politician Naftali Bennett, whose Yamina party is set to win seven parliamentary seats, could determine the political future of his former boss, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
* Avi Benlolo: Election-weary Israelis ask: Is it possible to have too much democracy? The people of Israel are strong and devoted. But a fourth election in just two years is fracturing the fabric of the nation.
* Is Islam the future of a fatiscent Russia? An official of the Russian Orthodox Church predicts there will be no more Russians in 2050. He may be right. Op-ed.
* China, Iran expected to sign 25-year accord, Iranian state media says In 2016, China, one of Iran’s largest trading partners and long-time ally, agreed to boost bilateral trade by more than 10 times to $600 billion in the next decade.
* North Korea says it fired 'tactical guided projectile' North Korea says it fired new projectile that was improved to carry a 2.5-ton warhead.
* ‘Worrying trend’: London seeks to exclude Moscow from European security system while it cozies up to America, says Russian envoy The British leadership has grown increasingly hostile towards Moscow, Russia’s ambassador to London, Andrey Kelin, has told RT.
* Analysis: Lebanon frozen by political intransigence as it hurtles towards collapse Just 18 months have passed since mass protests against Lebanon’s political class brought down one government, and nearly eight more months since a huge explosion destroyed the port of Beirut and toppled its successor.
* Analysis: As Iran toughens stance, hopes for nuclear thaw before June diminish The odds of Washington and Tehran making progress to revive the 2015 nuclear deal before Iran’s June elections have dwindled after Iran opted to take a tougher stance before returning to talks, diplomats and officials said.
* America at the End of Empire In a recent monologue on HBO’s Real Time, host Bill Maher called Americans a “silly people” for allowing themselves to be mired in culture war struggles, such as the politically correct cancelling of children’s books, while our superpower competition China is laser-focused on political, economic, and military dominance.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:24 AM