* Putin plans to end Alawite hegemony in Damascus and evict pro-Iranian Shiite militias including Hizballah Vladimir Putin has drawn up this plan for the Sochi conference.
* Netanyahu to Putin: We Must Stand Up to Murderous Ideologies "I think that the main lesson of the rise of the Nazis and then the defeat of the Nazis, is one must powerfully stand up to the murderous ideologies when they appear," Netanyahu said.
* Jordan demands: World must protect Arab rights in Jerusalem 'International community has obligation to protect Palestinian rights in Jerusalem and fund UNRWA', says Jordan's King Abdullah.
* Hezbollah Official Warns Terror Group Can Destroy Israeli Army "The day will come when Hezbollah's flag will fly over the honorable city of Jerusalem."
* Incredibly Rare 'Super Blue Blood Moon' Is About to Appear For The First Time in 150 Years If you were awestruck by the New Year's Day super moon, hold onto your pants.
* Pope Urges Europe to be More Active in Fighting Antisemitism "Indifference is a virus that is dangerously contagious in our time."
* Gazan UNRWA Employees Demonstrate Over Withheld Funds Gazan employees of a UN agency that provides services to Palestinians refugees participated in a demonstration on Monday against the Trump administration's decision to withhold a planned contribution to the organization.
* Syria war: Turkish air strikes 'damage ancient Afrin temple' Turkish air strikes have seriously damaged an ancient temple in Syria's Kurdish-held Afrin region, the Syrian government and a monitoring group say.
* N. Korea cancels joint event with S. Korea, blames media - report North Korea has cancelled a cultural performance due to be held in conjunction with South Korea next week, according to officials in Seoul.
* The next hurdles in Brexit talks EU ministers signed off their starting position in the negotiating directives for Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier on Monday (29 January) to discuss the transition period with London.