* U.S. opposes report recommending legalization of West Bank settlements The U.S. State Department criticized on Monday night the Edmond Levy committee report which recommended legalizing most outposts in the West Bank.
* Are we safe from the sun? Solar flares keep on getting stronger - with latest hotspot the size of 15 Earths strung together The sun is a tempestuous mistress - and her outbursts are becoming more and more violent as the weeks go on.
* 'Germany agrees to compensate 80,000 Nazi victims' Germany has agreed to provide restitution payments to an additional 80,000 Jews in what Claims Conference officials are describing as a historic breakthrough.
* Egypt braces for new showdown between Islamists and military Egypt is braced for a major confrontation between the country's Islamist president and military.
* PM urges Europe to be more balanced toward Israel Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu urged Europe to adopt a more balanced approach to Israel.
* Expert: Libyan elections prove country's singularity News that a liberal coalition headed by Mahmoud Jibril, a Western-educated politician, was reportedly in the lead in the Libyan election surprised many observers.
* Israel's Elbit Anti-Missile System Protects Jets Israel's giant Elbit Systems firm has produced a new to protect medium and large aircraft against shoulder-fired missiles.
* Russia's Putin says the West is on the decline In a biennial speech to Russian ambassadors, Putin also took a shot at the West by condemning any unilateral actions to solve international disputes.
* Iran plans to expand, not suspend, its nuclear program, position paper obtained by Times of Israel says A position paper obtained by The Times of Israel makes plain the Tehran regime's unyielding rejection of international efforts to negotiate safeguards and restrictions that would prevent Iran attaining a nuclear weapons capability.
* Barroso in Palestine: 'We are laying foundations of future state' European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso has pledged support for a future Palestinian state on his first official trip to the region.