* Snow falls in Golan, Jerusalem, and even in Negev desert Highways 1 and 443 to Jerusalem remain closed due to the snow that fell overnight. Israel rail was operating trains between Jerusalem's Malha station and Beit Shemesh.
* ISIS approaches Europe, reportedly planning attacks in Turkey and Bulgaria Some senior ISIS commanders, are thought to already be in Turkey, hiding in safe houses.
* US: Mission to retake Mosul to begin in April, May More than 20,000 Iraqi and Kurdish troops to move in on Islamic State forces holding major city .
* Ukraine: UK and EU 'badly misread' Russia The UK and the EU have been accused of a "catastrophic misreading" of the mood in the Kremlin in the run-up to the crisis in Ukraine.
* Ex-Obama aide says US should pass law mandating military action if Iran violates nuclear deal Speaking in Tel Aviv, Dennis Ross says the White House and Congress could work together to agree in advance what the price of violations will be.
* Netanyahu throws cold water on IAEA report claiming Iran restraining its nuclear program UN watchdog says Iran has refrained from expanding tests of more efficient models of a machine used to refine uranium under a nuclear agreement with six world powers.
* 'US, EU to test Israel's sincerity on Palestine after elections' The honeymoon period for any new Israeli government will be short, and neither the EU nor the US will have much patience for promises, diplomats say.
* Europe could switch stance on Syria due to ISIS threat The EU currently imposes sanctions on officials, businessmen, institutions and trade, and bans the import of Syrian oil or petroleum products.
* Somali capital Mogadishu hit by double explosions at hotel Some 20 people, including senior officials, have been killed in an attack on a hotel in the Somali capital, witnesses have told the BBC.
* Greece caves in, Germany plays hardball The Greek government on Thursday (19 February) submitted a request to extend the current bailout programme by six months, but Germany rejected the demand on the eve of a meeting of eurozone finance ministers (Eurogroup).