* Jerusalem Mayor: No City in World Regulated by US President Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat expressed support on Monday for the Israeli government's plan to build 3,000 additional housing units.
* Fearing Syria spillover, UN Golan troops to deploy armor United Nations forces based inside Syria to monitor a longtime ceasefire between Syria and Israel will bring in armor to reinforce their security because of a threat posed by an influx of Syrian rebels.
* Clashes erupt in Egypt despite proposal to end crisis Islamists fought protesters outside the Egyptian president's palace on Wednesday.
* US, allies said to be prepared to 'rapidly' intervene if Assad utilizes chemical weapons The US, along with several key allies, is prepared to launch a military intervention in Syria.
* Abbas says settlement plans are a 'red line' Israel's plan to build new housing units in Jerusalem and the West Bank, especially in the area known as E1, is a red line because it will divide the Palestinian lands.
* Egyptian Officials Accused of 'Zionist Plot' Against State Three former Egyptian presidential candidates have been accused of espionage and conspiring a "Zionist plot" against the state.
* EU denies it may remove Hamas from terror list An EU official denied claims made by Hamas Tuesday that Europe would remove the group from its list of terror organizations if it engaged in indirect talks with Israel.
* Egyptian protester: 'We are getting a bad image in Europe' Tens of thousands of Egyptians marched in protest in Cairo on Tuesday (4 December) in an escalating dispute on the country's post-revolutionary future.
* Doomsday for Iran? US Tests EMP Bomb Boeing has successful tested an electro-magnetic pulse (EMP) missile that turns "science fiction into science fact" and could be the doomsday weapon against Iran.
* Israel accuses US of backing European settlement backlash Five European countries, including Britain, have registered formal protests with Israeli ambassadors.