* Nato agrees on new 'spearhead' force amid Ukraine crisis The Nato military alliance has agreed on a new "spearhead" force amid growing concern at the Ukraine crisis and the rise of Islamic State militants.
* Iran 'backs US military contacts' to fight Islamic State Iran's Supreme Leader has approved co-operation with the US as part of the fight against Islamic State (IS) in Iraq, sources have told BBC Persian.
* Talks on Ukraine ceasefire start in Belarus Talks expected to bring a much-anticipated ceasefire to the fighting in eastern Ukraine began on Friday in the Belarusian capital.
* Ukraine and pro-Russia rebels sign ceasefire deal The Ukrainian government and pro-Russian rebels have signed a truce deal to end almost five months of fighting.
* Egyptian militants being guided by ISIS leaders Ansar Bait al-Maqdis militant in Sinai says Islamic State helps the group, responsible for multiple attacks in Israel, by teaching the element of surprise and how to evade capture.
* Some Christians arm as Mideast perils mount With jihadist groups threatening their survival, ancient communities take measures to defend themselves.
* How did a few thousand fighters on pickup trucks manage to frighten the world? While Western media highlights the Islamic State's gains, and Obama seeks a strategy, the jihadists would be hard-pressed if faced with a conventional army.
* Iran nuclear talks to resume days before critical UN session US holds first meeting with Iranian counterparts following the announcement of additional sanctions enforcement.
* ISIS, Hamas, Iran and the West The beheading of U.S. journalist Steven Satloff has raised concerns in the West about Islamist threats.
* Nato expansion unlikely before late 2015 Nato leaders have indicated the alliance will not take in any new aspirant states until late next year.