* Panetta Seeks to Defuse Afghan Tensions US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta on Wednesday sought to defuse tensions in Afghanistan in the wake of a Quran burning and the killing of 16 civilians by an American soldier.
* Saudi loses student visa over 'indicators' of security issues: He threatened to blow up White House A Saudi national has lost his student visa to the U.S. after triggering "several indicators of national security concerns".
* Plotting against Iranian nuke sites The first indication that Israel has resorted to military action against Iran's nuclear program would be explosions across the Islamic republic.
* Netanyahu is preparing Israeli public opinion for a war on Iran Since his return from Washington, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has mainly been preoccupied with one thing: Preparing public opinion for war against Iran.
* FM: If Iran gets nukes it will destabilize Mideast Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman on Thursday said that if Iran gets nuclear weapons it will destabilize the region.
* Obama: Window for diplomacy in Iran shrinking US President Barack Obama warned Wednesday that the window to resolve the crisis over Iran's nuclear program diplomatically was shrinking.
* EU report notes huge increase in Jewish settler attacks EU countries' ambassadors in Ramallah have said Israeli authorities are not doing enough to stop a massive increase in attacks by Jewish extremists against Palestinians.
* Karzai calls for NATO to leave villages; Taliban scrap talks Afghanistan's President Hamid Karzai called for NATO troops to leave Afghan villages.
* Fatah-Hamas Unity? Not This Year Fatah officials on Wednesday admitted they do not expect Hamas leaders in Gaza to follow through on its end of the Cairo reconciliation deal "anytime soon."
* Eyesight 'clue' to mental decline Looking at the back of the eye may offer an insight into the health of someone's brain, according to the US researchers.