* Legal action on Darfur crimes urged The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) has said that an investigation is to be launched into senior Sudanese government officials.
* Rightist initiative: Picking flag and anthem for settler state SOS Israel is planning a campaign to choose a flag and anthem for the new Jewish state it plans to erect in the West Bank.
* Judea and Samaria: IDF Rounding Up Jews' Weapons The IDF is conducting a large scale operation to confiscate weapons from the Jewish residents of Judea and Samaria.
* PA: Gaza op would ruin peace plans A massive IDF operation in the Gaza Strip will force the Palestinian Authority to boycott peace talks with Israel.
* Petraeus cites violence decline in Iraq Citing a 60 percent decline in violence in Iraq over the last six months, Gen. David Petraeus said Thursday that maintaining security is easier than establishing it.
* Second Temple palace uncovered Israeli archeologists have uncovered a monumental Second Temple structure opposite the Temple Mount that was likely Queen Helena's palace.
* Brussels moves to open EU defence industry market The European Commission has proposed a package of measures to open up the European defence industry market.
* Hitler a Hero on Palestinian Authority Radio A Palestinian Authority radio contest featured a laudatory biography of Adolf Hitler replete with his military victories.
* Lebanese leaders discuss vote Lebanese political leaders have met for talks towards a deal to have the country's army chief elected as president.* Merkel criticises Sarkozy's Mediterranean Union plans German chancellor Angela Merkel has warned that French plans for a Mediterranean Union risk splitting the EU.