* The Temple Mount is not a trading chip for peace The yet-to-be-finalized peace treaty with the United Arab Emirates has been viewed with some concern among the right-of-center, but not solely.
Tuesday, August 25, 2020
* US plans Mideast regional summit: ‘Wheels of peace have begun to turn’ Summit to take place in Gulf country with U.S. trying to recruit more Arab countries to recognize Israel.
* Mike Pompeo: I Hope Iran Will Normalize Ties with Israel U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo expressed his hope Monday that Iran would follow in the United Arab Emirates’ footsteps and establish diplomatic ties with Israel.
* Turkey befriends Hamas amid spiraling anti-Israel rocket fire from Gaza Turkish President Recep Erdogan received Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh in Istanbul on Saturday, Aug. 22, at the end of a week in which 15 Palestinian rockets and hundreds of dangerous balloons were launched into Israel from the Gaza Strip.
* Erdogan’s video shows he wants to control Jerusalem This video from the President of Turkey’s Communications Directorate shows how Recep Tayyip Erdoğan views Turkey.
* From Civil To Proxy War: How Syria Became Iran And Israel's Battlefield By one count, there have been over 150 Israeli strikes in Syria stretching all the way back to 2012.
* Turkish-Greek gas row boils up as each plan rival exercises in E. Mediterranean Old enemies Turkey and Greece have warned vessels to stay out of disputed parts of the eastern Mediterranean where both scheduled rival military exercises for Tuesday, Aug. 25.
* Israel's new police Czar challenges cops over arresting Jewish worshipers on Temple Mount Upon hearing about police indictments against Jewish pilgrims who prayed on the Temple Mount, Israel’s Interior Security minister Amir Ohana (Likud) sent a sharp letter on Thursday to the head of the police prosecution division reports Makor Rishon.
* Turkey’s appropriation of Chora church after Hagia Sophia shows Pope’s human fraternity document a massive failure The “Document on Human Fraternity” that Pope Francis signed with the Sheikh of al-Azhar, Ahmed al-Tayeb, and is now aggressively pushing upon the Catholic Church, states that “the protection of places of worship – synagogues, churches and mosques – is a duty guaranteed by religions, human values, laws and international agreements.”
* Chinese Foreign Minister Arrives in Rome, Sparking Debate over Vatican-Beijing Deal Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi arrived in Rome Tuesday, rekindling debate over the renewal of the highly contested Sino-Vatican deal over the naming of Catholic bishops in China.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 11:05 AM