* Turkey launches offensive in northern Syria with air strikes Turkish warplanes have bombed parts of north-eastern Syria at the start of an offensive which could lead to conflict with Kurdish-led allies of the US.
* Tens Of Thousands Of Syrian Fighters Mobilised By Turkey Tens of thousands of Syrian proxy fighters have been mobilised to take part in a Turkish offensive that appeared imminent on Wednesday against Kurdish forces in Syria, a spokesman said.
* Iran's Rouhani urges Turkey to avoid military action in Syria Iran's President Hassan Rouhani called on Turkey on Wednesday to show restraint and avoid military action in northern Syria, as Ankara's forces were poised to advance into an area there being vacated by the U.S. military
* Russia has 3 messages for Turkey over operation in Syria Hours after Donald Trump threatened to "obliterate" Turkey's economy should Ankara do anything that he considers "off limits," Moscow struck a different tone.
* Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan seeks Chinese support over Kashmir as he starts Beijing visit Chinese Premier Li Keqiang says Beijing will support Pakistan in 'safeguarding its territorial integrity' but does not mention ally's dispute with India.
* European Commission's next leaders take tough tone on China Incoming senior members of the EU's executive branch show willingness to confront Beijing during hearings to confirm their appointments.
* Putin's trip to Riyadh could provide hints on next chapter of Russia-Saudi ties Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Saudi Arabia in mid-October could shed light on whether the countries' marriage of convenience evolves into wedded bliss.
* On Yom Kippur War anniversary Fatah implicitly calls on Arab states to wage war against Israel Fatah on its Facebook page justifies Arabs launching war on Israel, stating that the same "Israeli danger that the Arabs fought ...still exist".
* Watch: Arabs dump waste on Temple Mount Arab street cleaner vehicle dumps waste collected during cleaning on Temple Mount.
* Trumplomacy: Are we seeing the end of a close Israel-US relationship? There was an element of the bizarre in the swearing-in ceremony of Israel's Knesset (parliament) last week.