* All eyes might be on the Temple Mount after the UAE-Israel deal Part of the avowed rationale for the accords was to create enhanced access for all Muslims to worship at al-Aqsa Mosque.
Monday, September 28, 2020
* Is Israel holding secret peace talks with Syria? Growing number of Arab diplomats believe Damascus and Jerusalem are conducting secret negotiations, following signing of Abraham Accords.
* The Israel-UAE Deal is All about Iran The UAE and Bahrain leaderships, who are not driven by Arab nationalist causes and feel more domestically and regionally vulnerable than their traditional predecessors, have found it expedient to opt for Netanyahu’s peacemaking paradigm, and to sign up to Trump’s policy of ‘divide and rule’ to forge a US–Arab–Israeli regional alliance against Iran as the main enemy.
* Turkey sees EU summit as chance for reset - Erdogan spokesman Turkey sees a European Union summit this week as an opportunity to reset relations between them, but the bloc must produce specific proposals and a timetable to work on a roadmap together, President Tayyip Erdogan’s spokesman said.
* Mike Pompeo to Host Top Vatican Officials for Religious Freedom Symposium The Vatican’s secretary of state and foreign minister will join U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for a high-level symposium on international religious freedom on September 30.
* Chinese State-Run Media Praise Sino-Vatican Accord The expected renewal of an agreement between China and the Vatican on the appointment of bishops “will contribute to the development of Chinese Catholic churches,” the state-run Global Times reported Thursday.
* The Dangerous New Iran-Qatar-Turkey-Hamas Alliance Abbas has already damaged the Palestinians' relations with some Arab countries by condemning the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain for signing peace treaties with Israel.
* The Bull in Europe’s China Shop Trump’s Middle East strategy has scored major successes, but in Europe, he will have to deal with the competing vision of Macron.
* Toward a Transformational Peace in the Middle East On September 15, two peace agreements with Israel and known as The Abraham Accords – one with the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one with Bahrain, and -- were made official at a White House ceremony.
* Whoever wins in November, here’s six reasons why America is on the brink of a complete political and social breakdown The toxic US political culture will be laid bare in tomorrow’s opening TV debate between Trump & Biden.
Posted by Shofar Communications at 10:51 AM